Monday, July 27, 2015

March


Oh, mightiest wind,
wilt thou cease thy breathing in
and hold thy exhales?




March 1st 

I wished upon the moon one night, bewitched by how it shone so white.  While staring up with some excite my eyes beheld a wondrous sight!  The moon, so lustrous and white, transformed into an armored knight who caused me just a moments fright when he jumped down from such a height.  No more a soft celestial light, he was my lover, day and night. 

This caused the world a serious plight.  How harsh a sting and deep the bite inflicted on the world, alright, to lose their blackest-hour light. 

And so I've come to set things right, to offer up without a fight my lover wished for one clear night.  I hold him close.  He hugs me tight, then climbs again to heaven's height to glow a bluer shade of bright.  I stare at my beloved knight, not wanting to be impolite, and in my heart with all my might I wish a wish that isn't right. 

Now and then the world still spites a shadowless and moonless night when we steal softly out of sight to hold each other 'til daylight and share in lovers’ true delight.


March 2nd  

Sail through the good days, and on bad days pick a spot of blue sky to steer toward.


March 3rd  

Life is a voyage across troubled waters where our days are often spent clinging to the top of the highest mast, scouting for a comforting glimpse of shore.


March 4th  

The only ship you can truly steer in this ocean is the one you're sailing.  Quit trying to alter the winds; harness them.


March 5th  

It is a greater triumph for the fearful soul who tries and fails than for the fearless who succeed.


March 6th  

Win or lose, good or bad, the experience will change you.


March 7th  

I'm not asking you to walk in my shoes; I'd never wish my afflictions on anyone.  But could you walk beside me on secure ground and reach to hold my hand?


March 8th  

Obsessing over something that has jarred your world is called coping.


March 9th  

Don't judge too harshly, for if your weaknesses were to be placed under your footsteps, most likely you would stumble and fall as well.


March 10th

We are all guilty of sin, error, and moments of sheer stupidity; none of us should be casting stones.  The occasional arced pebble might be overlooked.


March 11th   

Don't be fool enough to think you can know a person's character after a few moments of observation.  You can't.  You have no idea where his life began or how his saga has unfolded thus far.  Only his present state can you witness.  To judge him at a glance is like reading one page in an open book, believing it's enough to confidently recite the story from beginning to end.  True, one page may tell you much, but not nearly enough to accurately critique a book or evaluate a life.  So, either become his friend and learn his entire story, or refrain from commenting on a tale you know nothing about.


Copyright 2015 Richelle E. Goodrich



No comments:

Post a Comment